Thursday, February 19, 2009

Facebooking


That how I've spent my morning, facebooking since 6 a.m. Now I'm blogging, don't you like the new action verbs we can do and write about. Sometimes facebook can be a waste of time and other times it comes in handy; to connect with others, share important information and to pray together. This morning I shared a note of encouragement and prayer with my son in college in Colorado, checked the status of the young people in the hospital in Anchorage, two hours away, and chatted on-line. At the bottom of facebook is a place one can chat in real time with others on-line at the same time. It's fun and cheap, as in free. Just this morning and not my normal way to spent the morning I talked with:

son, Theophilus, in college in Colorado


Linden's special "friend", Llewellyn, in college in Colorado


former exchange student turned daughter, Schokolade, studying for finals in Germany


Linden's writing pal, Jhaniel, in college in Hawaii


daughter, Linden, from her bedroom before she came upstairs ( beats shouting)


friend and fellow homeschooler, Annette, in Alaska,but about a hour and a half away


Plus my hubby got in on the act and chatted with Shokolade or the "Little German Train" while I got some coffee for us. Now I'm blogging about facebooking and my spellcheck doesn't recognize these words,but I do. And all done in the the privacy of my living room with me in my jammies and lots of coffee. All in all, a pleasant way to spend half the day, now on to bake bread.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This picture made my day :o)

love, Schokolade

Carolyn said...

I'm glad you enjoyed that. Later that day I took photos of my plants and flowers for you, so look for a blog-post in the next few days.
Tell your parents, Hello. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Love,
Big momma train

SF said...

Hi there,
Yes, I too enjoy facebook :) Yet another way to spend more time on the computer with Elijah begging me to come play with him!
Pottering- yes, puttering.
Iceblocks- um, they're like an icecream on a stick but not icecream. Frozen juice? Popsicle maybe?
saminda.

SF said...

Just a question - is the picture at the top of your blog you?

SF said...

THanks for your comment Carolyn :) I left a comment for you on my post, after your comment....... confusing, I should have just left it here! Anyway, check in sometime. :)
Saminda. xo

Anonymous said...

Carolyn, don't know if you'll get this comment or not...but I'm praying for you and thinking about you as your daughter gets ready to leave home. May the Lord comfort and strengthen you daily.

Hugs, Tina xx

SF said...

Hey there Aunt Bee! :) I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed getting to know you a bit earlier in the year, and enjoyed your blog.. and wondered if you might consider starting to post again?? Maybe...? :) I'd love it if you did!
Much love,
Saminda xo