Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Three lovely young ladies plan to meet for coffee, before making music

That was the plan made on Monday for Tuesday afternoon, but the accident changed that. Instead two are in the hospital with serious injuries, one lost her mother and the third, Linden grieves for her friends. Her and I try to busy ourselves in the kitchen. We cry, and pray, and talk as we bake and cook. Apple,date, and walnut loaf bread, chocolate chip cookies and veggie and chicken noodle soup made and soon comfort us and the pit orchestra for the play Oliver as Linden take the cookies to practice with her. Life and death mix together as a fabric of our lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very sorry to hear of such a tragedy. I am thankful that the Lord is comforting you with the things of home at this time.

Carolyn said...

Thank you, I remember a few Latin phares from homeschooling my kids,one was Work and Pray. The Lord meets me in the kitchen and I enjoy washing dishes. I think it's the kid in me wanting to play in the water. I don't own a dishwasher, don't like them, they are a bother to me. If you like your's that's alright, we're all different. Most people are surpised to come into my kitchen and not see one.
Your teapot photo is pretty, I have a few teapots and fancy cups; I try to enjoy teatime every day, just not always straight on four. We Alaskan are a pretty relaxed bunch.
Please if you could pray for those who were in the accident; they still face more surgeries. Thanks again.
Peace