Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Let there be light

I love candles; they slow me down, they calm and relax me. In their simplistic manner, they are beautiful. They add art and beauty and elegance to my simple dining room table, or when they are hidden about my houseplants. Did I say I love candles?
On my list of learning new skills is candle making. The time will come to try my hand at it, after I gather the needed materials and get the old apartment stove top placed in the old shed. The old shed needs a lot of work, it needs to be mucked-out and put in some kind of order. It looks like a bomb went off in there, when in reality its just been a convenient place to dump things while in a hurry. The whole family is guilty of the disaster out there, but most of its repair will fall on my hubby's shoulders because of the sort of things in the old shed.
I have dreamed of making candles on and off again for years, maybe soon, or maybe not. Until then I will still enjoy beautiful candles. I buy beeswax ones from a organic co-op that I've been a part of for years. Beeswax candles don't drip, they burn slowly and don't bother my sensitive nose: it doesn't get any better than that. So let there be light and there was light. And God said it was good.

3 comments:

Linden said...

I can't wait to see the candles you make!!! Maybe if you do it soon, I can help!

~Laura

SF said...

Hello Carolyn!
It is so very nice to meet you, and thankyou for the lovely words you left on my blog! You have a very special daughter (but I think you know that). :) I can hear her through the writing of yours I just read.
I too love candles. Welcome to blogland, it is wonderfully addictive, and inspiring!
Saminda.

Carolyn said...

Thanks for the welcome and it is exciting to write and put together the blog with lots of help from Laura and see it look so lovely.
I want things to be simple and beautiful, to somehow reflect God's ways. His handywork is so amazing.
Peace,
Carolyn
Aunt B.